Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Tiny Baboon? Really?

So I had the weirdest dream last night and I wanted to write about it before I forgot. I guess the whole thing occurred during on of my snoozing sessions with the alarm.

We were all on some sort of family vacation. Driving through the middle of nowhere late at night. I was in a van of some sort and I know someone was with me, but I don't know who. The road conditions were really bad and I was driving really bad. Cars were rushing around us, I was cutting people off. It was a wild ride. Then I remembered I got new glasses and thought those would help, but when I put them on they were so dirty that everything was a blur. Not sure why I didn't clean them, but I didn't have to wear them long before we pulled over at a grubby gas station.

I went in to use the bathroom and the stall I chose was extrememly small for some reason. I was trying to put the toilet seat cover on but I could barely move! I was getting so annoyed that I grabbed all my stuff and went to find another stall. Inside the bathroom was 2 other doors to a men's and women's restroom. So I pushed those open and it lead to a super fancy lounge. As I turned a corner, there was a HUGE master bedroom of sorts. Grandma Ina was in there talking on the phone and curling her hair (She had a lot more hair then I've ever seen her with). Jake was lying in a bed and waved to me as though he had been expecting to see me. I waved back and decided since Grandma was blocking the bathroom, I'd have to keep looking for another one.

So I kept walking through this place and it was like a resort. It just went on and on. I guess we were all staying at this mystery mansion attached to the grubby gas station. As I kept walking, a little tiny baboon ran past me. It scared me at first so I started walking faster until I reached an entertainment room. Markus and Krista were in there watching movies. And I don't know if Jake moved really quickly or if there were two of him, but he was lying in a bed in there too.

I was standing next to the bed, looking at the doorway and this tiny baboon came back. He had the porportions of a grown monkey but was about the size of a kitten. He started playing games with me where he would poke his head around the corner and bounce into the room. I would scare him and he would jump and run away. We did this like 4 times before he bounced up on the bed. I told Jake to look out for the baboon, thinking it might startle him to see it in the bed, but the monkey ran right up to his face and just cuddled under his chin. Jake got a goofy smile on his face...

and then my alarm went off (again). I remembered the dream while I was showering and I started cracking up. So there ya go - the mind of Jaana at work again.

XOXOXO

1 comment:

Nuge News said...

hahahahahahahahahaha! i love dreams, and yours seem to be the best! you crack me up! i love it!
-krista