Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Break

So I have been having a great time with Markus here. I felt so honored that he chose LA for his Spring Break destination! :) Plus, when family visits, it always gives me a good excuse to step back and plan some fun amidst all the madness.

On Thursday afternoon, we went to Disneyland for a few hours. Luckily we picked a day that was cool and un-crowded, so that was lots of fun. The longest line was for the new Finding Nemo Voyage. They just changed the old submarine ride to a Finding Nemo theme. It was fun, since I haven't been on the ride in about 10 years. Its been closed for ages. Also got to hit up Splash Mountain - another ride that has been closed every time I go. We ate too much junk food as usual and tried to make it exciting (like when we were little) by running to the rides. I think it just made us more tired, but we tried!

On Friday, I had to work a normal, busy work day so I let Markus sleep in and then dragged him to a few places with me before going shopping to get him a new skateboard. Then we met up with Paul, Sona and Lara for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and watched No Country For Old Men back at the condo. That was intense!! Besides the 5 minutes that I fell asleep, I was holding my breath for like 3/4 of the movie. Creepy.

Saturday, it took us awhile to decide what we wanted to do but we ended up going to Dave and Buster's for lunch and arcade games. The lunch was greasy and delicious and the games were fun. We finally remembered to bring all of our old playing cards and found out that we have 12,000 tickets that we can use towards prizes! We couldn't find any prizes that we liked, so we'll just keep saving them until we can get a Blu-Ray Player (although you need about 180,000 tickets for that - so it might be awhile.) On our way back from D&B, it started HAILING. Out of nowhere. I mean, we haven't seen hail here in ages. I honestly can't remember the last time. So that was really random and interesting. Especially considering that it has been in the 80's this whole last week. California weather is always so weird!

Markus heads home today. :( And back to the normal schedule on Monday. But it was great having him here and I hope I can entertain the rest of you very soon!!!

-Jaana

1 comment:

Nuge News said...

can't say that i'm not jealous...
-krista