Monday, June 23, 2008

Relaxing Weekend



This is a great way to spend a weekend - work in the yard, get dehydrated, have leg cramps, feel sore muscles for days after and enjoy the 112 degree weather!! That just about sums up my first days off work in 19 days. And I did have fun! I was able to haul away debris and dirt and rocks that were scattered around by our earlier plumbing problem when the main water pipe to our house had sprung a leak. All the digging and laying the new pipe left a mess and finally this past weekend I was able to get it mostly cleaned up. Krista, Markus and Jorel came out to help but they know their limits in the heat. On the other hand their mother is clearly in the dark about stopping when the heat got to be too much. :)


I had been couped up in a seminar room for days and had a great need to get outside away from the flourescent lights. No matter what I was doing and how hard I was working in the yard, I was still having a good and relaxing time. And it is always fun to see the results of your handy work!


I even had time to go shopping and spend some of that hard earned money. Jorel got a few new outfits - I ran into a couple of great sales at Jymboree and Osh-Kosh. It's a grandma thing! I intend to have a few more of these fun weekends this summer. Next time I will invite everyone to join me - this time for ice tea on the backyard swing enjoying the warm summer nights and the full moon! Can't beat the southern Utah summer evenings anywhere!


Everyone stay well and take care of your weekend needs - whatever they may be!

Love and hugs,

MOM

1 comment:

dxeechick said...

Summer evenings in Utah are the best! It was so warm here the last few days, it reminded me of that. Except we have no porch swing (or yard for that matter) to enjoy the outside air. Guess we'll just have to visit soon. Oh, and the yard looks great as always!

Love,
Jaana