Thursday, August 14, 2008

Updates...

Well, we are about the 1 month mark until the family reunion! I know everyone has been busy and there has not been a whole lot of additional planning happening, but I thought I would touch base and let everyone know it is still a go. We are going to try and stick to the original itinerary, but if there's something else anyone is dying to do - we can throw it out there and see where it fits in. I think either way, we'll have a packed schedule and it will be like a real vacation! I hope everyone is ready to rock!

As for an update on the CA gang, we are doing well. Everyone is happy and healthy and tolerating the noise of remodeling our bathrooms. We completely finished the guest bathroom yesterday and it looks AMAZING!! I'm in love with it. Paul and I were like "We should sleep in here, its so nice!" Now we need to finish the master bath, and honestly - even though we have made it this far - its hard to get motivated to start another project. Its a lot of hard work. But I know it will be worth it when its all done. We figured since we are going to be here awhile (with the housing market the way it it) we might as well really make this place our own and enjoy it!

Business has slowed down over the past couple of weeks, but we are still finding things to keep us busy. It probably came at a pretty good time, so we can take a step back and analyze where we want to go from here. We are re-vamping the website and taking time to do things that should have been done awhile back, when we just didn't have the time! Jake is taking the opportunity to learn more about editing and website animation and even a little online marketing.

But it sure does get nerve-wracking. Of course, I automatically start to panic and ask Paul if I need to start looking for a new job (the LAST thing I want to do). But he has reassured me that this is part of running your own business. You have the highs and the lows. I can't run off and find a new job every time things slow down a little! So now we are focusing more on sales and getting some new customers to carry us through to the end of the year. We have set some high goals for next year so we will see how it goes!

That's it for us. Hope everyone else is doing well.
- PB & J (and J)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bathroom looks AWESOME! so fun

Nuge News said...

I love the painting on the wall. I showed my co-host (who is an artist himself), and he thinks you have some real talent that could be marketed. You should look into it. The bathroom as a whole looks awesome.