Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mom's working world


Have you ever...worked 130 hours in a 9-day period? I have done that twice now and I must say it is enough to make you want to retire EARLY! Unless you die before that! I have done this crazy schedule in the hopes of getting some time off to visit all my kids. The problem seems to be getting the time off. My work place is like a trap - if I go in I cannot get out! However, maybe it is a good thing to have a job so I can pay for all those vacations I will take when I get the time off. Right!? I still have fun from time to time at work with my coworkers. Today Ms. Jean came to my office to tell me something and accidently bumped into an extra chair that had my beautiful black coat laying on it. She jumped because she thought it was a big black cat. I told her that I keep it on a leash so it will not get away or bite her. Ms. Sherry heard us laughing and joined us and our conversation went from cats to goats, specifically Mika's. We decided all goats should have a broomstick stuck on their horns so they could not get through holes in the fences, or doorways at work. Needless to say we all were laughing till we cried and finally Ms. Jean said we all should have goat convertibles. I was wondering what those were. She informed me that of course they were broomsticks to fly on. Well, you had to be there! I think we all have worked too hard and too long and brains have gotten a bit soft! Advise to my children: go get a goat and keep your big black cat on a leash! I love you all!

3 comments:

Nuge News said...

HAHAHAHA that definitely sounds like a typical case of being over-worked. hang in there mom! hilarious. -jaana

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

is this for any nugents or just the nugents that lived in oxnard or hurricane? Really I love hearing about all of you! Aunt Riitta you might need a vacation a lot sooner than you intended.