Monday, January 12, 2009

Steed/Fields Reception

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since anyone updated, so just thought I'd say hello. Krista, Jorel and I were lucky enough to attend our cousin Derrick's wedding this last weekend. He married an adorable girl named Ashley Steed. I had never met her before, but you can tell they are a great fit for each other. They were married in the Sacramento Temple, which I didn't even know existed. It is a newer temple built right where the Mormon Center used to be!! I know you all remember the Mormon Center - sight of many a family reunion. Anyway, we didn't have time to see the temple, but Derrick said it was so weird that the Mormon Center is gone.

Krista and I stayed right at the hotel where the reception was, so that was easy and convenient. The festivities started at 7pm and it was really good to see everyone. Jorel was cranky...or hyper? Seemed a little bi-polar. But then passed out WHILE people where dancing with him. Wore himself out. It was funny.

Those in attendance included all of the Fields family of course, Uncle Pat and the Johnsons (Sheila, Rex and Mark). Small for a Nuge gathering, but still fun. Especially since I hadn't seen the Johnsons in probably over 10 years. They look the same - Uncle Rex just has more gray hair and Mark is not a kid anymore. We all had fun dancing and being goofs. Then us "kids" went bowling afterward where we had more fun and laughs. So it was good to reunite with everyone and realize we are still the same old dorky bunch. The next morning Derrick and Ashley were kind enough to invite Krista, Jorel and I out to breakfast. So we crashed their honeymoon and got to spend a couple extra hours with them.

We definitely missed all of those who couldn't be there, but hope for another opportunity to get together with ALL the cousins someday. (I actually have a plan for this, but Krista and I have to do a little research first...)

1993 and 2009 (missing a few people, but added a couple too)

Anyway, hope all is well. I'm sure everyone is busy as can be.
Love,
Jaana

1 comment:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Oh my goodness! That picture of years ago in the elavator is priceless and for you guys to do another one is so fun! Wish you all could have been there for the retake. Sounds like the wedding and reception were great and you had a chance to reconnect with some family you had not seen for such a long time. Wish I was there! Oh, do I owe you money Jaana for the gift? Let me know!
Hugs and love to all of you.
MOM