Wednesday, October 1, 2008

3 Cheers for Jaakko!

So I think pretty much everyone knows by now, but I just wanted to write a little blurb about how proud I am of our very own Jake Nuge. He has recently not only acquired a new job at a very prestigious company - UCLA Medical Group - but he has also saved up enough money and made enough friends that he was able to put a hefty down payment on a nice apartment here in Burbank with 2 roommates! He will be working as a clerk in the giant medical offices and living with a couple friends named Graham and Jason. He will have to take a shuttle/bus into work, but not having a car will save him some major dough - especially with the way gas prices are now. So that sort of paid off in the long run, I guess!

When he came to stay with us just 5 months ago, I really did not foresee this type of thing happening. Obviously, since the plan was for him to just stay a few weeks. But we kept him busy all summer and as things started slowing down, he made that big decision for himself to just take a chance. And so far it seems to be paying off! I am just tickled (as Jessie would say) that he is taking a stand for his life. And I know since he is taking these first steps, we will all support him in his venture and help him fill in the blanks wherever he needs. So congratulations to my big, little bro. May he continue his journey into adulthood with faith, a little luck and some major fun!

Love,
Jaana

P.S. The picture is from the day of his job interview - sweet, huh?

3 comments:

Your Friend in Real Estate said...

Oh my goodness. You need to put him back where he came from or we are going to have to start beating girls away with big sticks! :) I am so proud of him too. And he looks amazing! I can see heads turning when he walks by. I am excited to come and see Jake's new pad and visit for a few days. See you guys soon!
Hugs,
MOM

Anonymous said...

hip hip... HOORAY! i'm so glad to see him doing so well :)

oceanlover said...

You and Paul have had such a great influence on your brother, that is so wonderful. I am glad he is doing so well and is ready and willing to venture out into life. Way to go Paul and Jaana! You are going to be awesome parents!
love ya,
Aunt Diana